Really like this < a href="http://www.nesta.org.uk/news_and_features/assets/features/7_science_predictions_for_the_future">NESTA post where seven leading scientists predict what we will achieve in the next ten (NOTE: TEN) years. In summary:
1. We will finally set foot on Mars >> very unlikely by 2022 I'd have thought, by we may see the Chinese thee by 2030 and the US by 2040
2. GPs will be able to prescribe 'cosmiceuticals' - medicine designed specifically for our genetic make-up.
3. We will save millions of lives by driving another disease into extinction.
4. We will find Earths's twin. We will discover more and more exoplanets and we will be able to find out whether they bear the signatures of life.
5. We will find life on Mars - We will send robotic probes to Mars and discover water, and new life. ->> that sounds unlikely by 2012 with funding for ExoMars being cut
6. We will discover the Higgs-Boson, the missing piece in the make-up of the known universe.
7. We are not alone - We will find out once and for all that we are not alone in the universe.
Pity though that not all the speakers in the videos didn't stick a bit closer to the 10yr brief or offer more justification for the pronouncements.
NESTA Predictions for the next 10 Years
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: NESTA Predictions for the next 10 Years.
TrackBack URL for this entry: