Research Index: Emotions | Motivation? | 3-body? | Navigation? | Appearance? | Memory? | MetaSelf?
OK, so the shape of this is starting to emerge:
Can we create an autonomous avatar within a virtual world with a similar scope of action and reaction to a human controlled avatar, and which is regularly mistaken for a human controlled avatar?
- Literature Search
- Global Architecture?
- Chat? Engine
- Navigation? - how does the bot navigate through sims, and sim to sim
- Motivation? and Action
This page will link out to specific research questions/tasks/projects which may end up forming part of/chapters of the thesis.
- What Emotions does an AI in a virtual world need to show, and how should they be implemented in order to provide users with a beneficial experience
- How does a chatbot cope with the situation when engaged in a group discussion? with more than one user
- How does a bot navigate? within a constantly changing and inhabited environment such as Second Life
- How important is bot Appearance? in comparison to the human-ness of the chat
- How should a bot manage spatial, user and relational Memory?
- How does the bot learn and change from its experience - growing it's MetaSelf?