Can we create an autonomous avatar within a virtual world with a similar scope of action and reaction to a human controlled avatar, and which is regularly mistaken for a human controlled avatar?
I haven't sorted out the over-arching question yet, but some specific areas I am looking at are:
- What emotions does an AI in a virtual world need to show, and how should they be implemented in order to provide users with a beneficial experience
- How does a chatbot cope with the situation when engaged in a group discussion with more than one user
- How does a bot navigate within a constantly changing and inhabited environment such as Second Life
- How important is bot appearance in comparison to the human-ness of the chat
- How should a bot manage spatial, user and relational memories