I rather rashly entered for the BCS/SGAI 2008 Machine Intelligence competition - mainly since apart from the winning entry last year most were either expert systems, or pure theory, or in one case a joke. It's on 10th December.
Anyway this is what I want to demo using Halo in SL:
- Chatbot functionality, but not major on this as any chatbot could be used - DONE, just TEST
- Web services functionality - Amazon, Wikipedia, BBC - needs TWEAKING
- Google stats if time
- Basic triples inferencing - needs INTEGRATING
- Object location, and walking to - DONE
- Waypoint navigation - DONE, just test auto-recovery after object find
- Sitting - test current situation
- Giving and receiving money (emotions) - DONE, test
- Talking on IM - DONE, test
- Emotional reactions to objects - snakes, rabbits, habituation - DONE, test
- Emotion learning from damage - DONE
- Emotion learning from money - DONE
- Negative emotion from losing happy object
- Emotion learning from chat
- Emotional reactions to people - TO DO
- Emotional reactions to places - TO DO
- Memory of events, people, places - TO DO
That should keep me busy and more than enough to fill 10-15 minutes.
MUST video in case Internet access to SL doesn't work on the day.